include and special characters

Giorgio

Hi,
I noticed this thing with special characters using INCLUDE.

Same char is returned in 2 different ways?

®
®

Could you explain it to me, please?
Thanks

Included file code: only "®"

Calling file code:

<head>
</head>

®
<!--#include file="included.asp"-->

Anthony Jones

Giorgio said:
Hi,
I noticed this thing with special characters using INCLUDE.

Same char is returned in 2 different ways?

®
®

Could you explain it to me, please?
Thanks

Included file code: only "®"

Calling file code:

<head>
</head>

®
<!--#include file="included.asp"-->

This included.asp file has been saved using UTF-8 encoding but the main file
is saved using ANSI encoding. Characters outside of the standard ASCII
character range are encoded using 2 or more bytes. What you ae seeing is
the two bytes needed to encode ® in UTF-8 as if they were two separate ANSI
characters.