include virtual problem

andy

i am using dreamweaver to create an asp page. I have the following code
incorporated on the page. :-

<!--#include virtual="/includes/meta.asp" -->

But when i preview it asp produces the following error.

Error Type:
Active Server Pages, ASP 0126 (0x80004005)
The include file '/includes/meta.asp' was not found.
/poll/TMP8pp69hcijs.asp, line 5

If i change it to 'include fle' it seems to work but then i have to change
the entire site. Any ideas? Thanks

AL

Ray at

When you do a file include, you can't start with the /. That indicuates
virtuality from the root of the site.

Ray at work

Andrew Durstewitz

For some reason dreamweaver is trying to create a Temp file for you.
Are you publishing the contents of your site to a location other then
your local site?

Also, don't use the dreamweaver view thingy. When you want to view work
you have done actually goto the place where you published it using IIS.
For example...

http://localhost/index.asp

hth,
Andrew

* * * Sent via DevBuilder http://www.devbuilder.org * * *
Developer Resources for High End Developers.