Installing PyGUI - Help please

Joined
Jun 8, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm just getting trying to get the blobedit.py example running under a Brew installed Python 2.7.10, Mac OS 10.12.5, PyGUI 2.5.4, Pyobjc 3.2.1. What I get is this error:

$ python blobedit.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "blobedit.py", line 1, in <module>
from GUI import Window, Label, Font, application
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/GUI/Window.py", line 12, in <module>
from GUI.Utils import NSMultiClass, PyGUI_NS_EventHandler, PyGUI_Flipped_NSView
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/GUI/Utils.py", line 71, in <module>
class PyGUI_NSActionTarget(NSObject):
objc.BadPrototypeError: Objective-C expects 1 arguments, Python argument has 3 arguments for <unbound selector call_method of PyGUI_NSActionTarget at 0x10933a578>

In the pyOBJc documentation (http://pythonhosted.org/pyobjc/core/changelog.html) I found at v3.2 they indicate adding a decorator - "@objc.python_method" - to solve what looks like this problem. I tried to add it to the PyGUI_NSActionTarget method in Utils.py but it didn't change anything.

Any help, ideas?