Integrated Windows Authentication not working

Stephane

Hi,

I have a problem with Integrated Windows Authentication on one server (Win
Server 2003 SP2 IIS 6.0 ASP.Net 1.4). Let's say I want to disable anonymous
connections to an admin directory, I usualy go in IIS, in the folder's
properties and in the directory security tab. Then, I edit Authentication and
Access control. I uncheck "allow anonymous connection" and I only keep the
"Integrated Windows Authentication" box checked.

When this is working, I go to the admin page and I got a prompt asking for
username and passowrd. I login with any windows user having the "Users" group
rights.

But this time, this is not working on one server. On firefox, it keeps
asking me for the login. I even tried the administrator password and it
didn't work either. I get this error:

HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid
credentials. Internet Information Services (IIS)

On internet explorer, it seems to be logged, but I can't access any page.

If I check back "allow anonymous connection", it works again.

So I've done the same thing I did on others servers but this is not working.
I shut down the firewall and even tried to give "full control" to the
"everyone" user. Didn't work either.

Any idea what can cause this?

Thanks

Stephane

Stephane

I got it to work... I just deleted the website and recreated it. I don't know
why it wasn't working though.

Stephane