IntelliSense and [attributes]

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by 123, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. 123

    123 Guest

    It seems a common enough thing. Write a custom control and then need want
    intellisense to work in html view. Off we go to write and .xsd. And, if we
    used and ASP control as a base we end up copying most or all of the asp.xsd
    file into our little .xsd.... (whcih would be alleviated if <xsd:import>
    were supported).

    But why not just be able to add an attribute on the new property

    class Foo
    {
    protected string bar;

    [IntelliSense]
    public string Bar
    {
    get { return this.bar; }
    set { this.bar = value; }

    That would allow for (a) continuous integration (XP-methodology) with a
    single point of control for out source and its implications for the system.
    Simple packages to install (no need to throw a (possibly bloated by asp.xsd
    inclusion) .xsd into the deeply nested schema/xml direction. Is this
    planned? Are there any open APIs for intellisense. Currently my option
    seems to be: write a simple generator for the .xsd file based on
    [IntelliSense] (or similar) attribute.

    Thanks.

    Ezra E.

    123, Aug 6, 2003