Intellisense in VS.NET 2003 IDE (aspx Designer)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Brenton Unger, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. Greetings,

    I've got a good one for you VS.net 2003 Gurus.

    I've noticed that if VS.NET thinks my HTML is missing the <html> and
    an .aspx file.

    I've taken a look at the asp.xsd schema and the ie5_0.xsd schemas and
    can't find anywhere that links the 2 together. Also, if I'm editing an
    ascx control, I get all the intellisense I need for the controls as if
    I were in the <body> tag...

    Is there a way to "trick" the IDE so that I don't have to put <html>
    and <body> tags inside my .aspx files? I ask because I already have the
    opening html/head/body tags inside ascx controls that an inherited form
    loads for me. All of my aspx pages simply have to contain the body
    content, without actually defining it <html> and <body> tags.

    On a side note, everything compiles perfectly, and my output is
    beautiful, I just want intellisense in the designer!!

    TIA

    -Brenton

    Brenton Unger, Apr 7, 2005

  2. This is really easy to reproduce:

    1. New web project.
    2. Add a user control to the project.
    3. Go to the html design view of the control, and type "<" and notice
    that asp:* controls are available.
    4. Go to the html design view of the WebForm1.aspx page and type "<",
    no asp:* controls unless you have typed "<html><body><"

    Anybody? There's got to be a way....

    Brenton Unger, Apr 11, 2005