interactive web app

Erich Lin

I have an arbitrary program written in any language, and it is a binary
(ie foo.exe), that will print out output to stdout constantly every 3-5
seconds.

Is there a way that I can have a web application designed in rails that
will print the output of this program to the browser every 3-5 seconds
in realtime, preferably even in an ajax manner.

thanks

Senthilnayagam

hi Erich,

you have given far fewer information.

but if somehow you can modify your app to write to a file, the latest
output, it will be very easy to implement and also would be scalable

but if it is a commerical application maybe , you can write a wrapper
application which will execute it, and provide you an alternative
interface to the data

if your windows/console app can be controlled in other ways, say
socket, win32 API or some hook it would be fairly easy to build.

regards
A.Senthil Nayagam
http://senthilnayagam.com