Interfacing to SRAM

john

Hello,

I am trying to interface a Dual Port RAM (SRAM) with a CPLD. The
memory part number is

IDT 70T633/1S. Now, I am generating the Read /Write cycles for the
memory but i am unable to

see the correct data!

My question is that I am not seeing the data because Am I not
holding the data long enough inside

the CPLD or some other VHDL reason...... Please Advice!

I reduced the code to just write one memory location and reading the
same memory location..

-- Reading Program

Process ( State_A )

Begin
Case State_A is

When A0=>

LBL <='1';
UBL <='1';
CE0 <='1';
CE1 <='0';
Read_write <='1';
Output_Enable <='1';
Data_bus <="ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ";
Address_bus <="0000000000000000111";

nextstate_A <= A1;

When A1=>
LBL <='0';
UBL <='0';
CE0 <='0';
CE1 <='1';
Read_write <='1';
Output_Enable <='0';
Address_bus <="0000000000000000111";

nextstate_A <= A0

When others =>

nextstate_A <= A0;

End Case;

End Process;

-- Writing Program

Process (State2)
Begin

Case State2 is

When G0=>

UBL <='1';
LBL <='1';
CE0 <='1';
CE1 <='0';
Output_Enable <='1';
Read_write <='1';
Data_Bus <= "01010101010101";
Address_bus <="0000000000000000111";

nextstate2 <=G1;

When G1=>

Data_Bus <= "01010101010101";
Address_bus <="0000000000000000111";
UBL <='1';
LBL <='1';
CE0 <='1';
CE1 <='0';
Output_Enable <='1';
Read_write <='1';

nextstate2 <=G2;

When G2=>

Address_bus <="0000000000000000111";
Data_Bus <= "01010101010101";
UBL <='0';
LBL <='0';
CE0 <='0';
CE1 <='1';
Output_Enable <='1';
Read_write <='0';

nextstate2 <=G1;

When others =>

nextstate2 <=G0;

End case;
End Process;

Regards
john

Neo

Hi John,
Its difficult to say just by looking at the code whether the
write/read will be successful to the memory block. If I may suggest,
have you tried simulating with its verilog or vhdl models.

ALuPin

Hi,

you make the assignment
nextstate_A <= A1;

Do you have a clocked process you did not show to us?

Rgds
André

john

Hi,