intermittent error

gary

I am using VS.NET 2003 on XP

I intermittently get Access is denied '[dll]'

at the line <add assembly="*"/> in machine.config

I have disabled indexing service and I am not running any form of anti-virus
software.

I have looked at filemonitor from sysinternals and it tells me the aspnet_wp
has a hold of the DLL in my Temporary ASP.NET Files directory - killing this
process has no effect.

This is an intermittent error which I believe to be a bug. What is the
workaround other then rebooting my machine

Regards,

Gary Brewer

Oliver

Worth checking?

FIX: ASP.NET Does Not Copy Files from Bin Directory to Temporary ASP.NET
Files Folder

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319991

"Typically, this problem occurs because of a trailing backslash at the end
of the path that is set for the root Web site. For example:
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\

This causes the mechanism that copies the DLLs from your Bin directory to
the Temporary ASP.NET Files folder to fail. When this mechanism fails, the
runtime loads the DLL directly from the Bin directory rather than from the
Temporary ASP.NET Files folder.

This problem may also occur if any virtual directories with trailing
backslashes have child directories that are marked as Web applications."

gary

No this is not the problem as I am running a machine with 1.1 and I have all
the latest updates and there's no trailing slash on my home directory;

Although I am glad it is not just me that has to tell users 'make sure you
do/don't put a trailing slash' on programs I write :)