Internal Server Error (500) in Upload File method

Pedro Carvalho

I am using a WebClient.Upload File method (using the HTTP POST) on the
Client side and, to accept posted files on the Server side, I am using an
ASP.NET page with the following code:

void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
foreach(string f in Request.Files.AllKeys)
{
HttpPostedFile file = Request.Files[f];
file.SaveAs("c:\\WUTemp\\" + file.FileName);

When Client and Server side are on the same machine (localhost/127.0.0.1)
everything runs ok but when I use the same ASP.NET page in a different
server, it returns the error: "(500) Internal Server Error". I've already
tried to solve this problem with all the instructions I found in Microsoft
and MSDN but with no results. I have no idea what to try now and I would
appreciate if someone could help me to follow in the right direction.
Best Regards
P.Carvalho

Pedro Carvalho

Ok, Ray. Thanks for your help. I have now a direction to search.
P.Carvalho

Ray Costanzo said:
Step 1 would be to find out what the error is. First see this:

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

Then see this.

http://www.aspfaq.com/5002

When you post there, you may want to include your <customErrrors> snippet
from your web.config file.

Ray at home