Internet Explorer 8

dasomerville

Does anyone know when Internet Explorer 8 will be pushed through Automatic
Updates? We are concerned that one of our ActiveX controls will not function
properly in it (received some support calls already). I am trying to
determine how much time we have to address the problem.

Thanks,
Dennis

Anthony Jones

dasomerville said:
Does anyone know when Internet Explorer 8 will be pushed through Automatic
Updates? We are concerned that one of our ActiveX controls will not
function
properly in it (received some support calls already). I am trying to
determine how much time we have to address the problem.

I think its unlikely that IE8 will be pushed through Windows Update at all.
The most substantial form of software to be delived via Windows Update are
service packs. IE8 is more than a service pack.