Internet Explorer Caches my Video Control

Blackie

Everyone,

I'm desperate here. I've created a .NET 2005 DirectX dll Windows
control to run on Internet Explorer 7 to capture a picture from a web
camcorder to place onto a card printer as part of a IE wizard setup to
work with CRM 3.0.

When I place the control in a Microsoft .NET 2005 application, the
control works PERFECTLY ie. the video is displayed and unloaded on
every run.

However, when I place the control to run on Internet Explorer 7, the
control I believe is cached and unless I close EVERY Internet Explorer
window down each time I run the wizard, I get the following error
(except on the first run obviously):

"Insufficient resources exist to complete the requested service.
0x800705AA."

That means that the control is NOT being unloaded. I've read that
there is a Garbage Collection issue with IE 7 and that caching DOES
happen. I've even tried to place the following tag in the .NET page
that implements the control:

<%@ OutputCache Location="None" VaryByParam="None" %>

Makes no diff! Here is how I instantiate the control:

<object id="oCapture" name="oCapture" classid="CLSID:
5d592695-5013-4de4-89fd-7f9ffbf31c50" codebase="CCACardWriter.dll"
width="178" height="200" border=2></object><br>

PLEASE, any assistance would be appreciated. Somebody MUST HAVE come
across this IE behaviour before. I've tried everything including
GC.Collect(), special disposing of the control, etc. but the caching
does not seem to be unloading the control for me.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thankyou. JB