Internet Explorer/java applet wont print color

me

I have a webpage with an embedded java applet.
One of my customers have 3 different colorprinters
and none of them prints any color drawn in the
applet, only black shows, red and blue dosent show
at all. The color dosent show in the print
preview either. They are using IE5 and IE6. I have
one colorprinter on my own LAN that shows the color
from the same applet just fine (and I use the same
version of MS JVM and IE as them). I have looked
at the printer properties but cant find anything that
suggest that anything colored is modified or removed.
If the customer takes a screendump of the applet
and prints that from IE then they get the colored
parts too.

btw. they print by selecting the print menu in IE
(its not java that triggers print).

how do i make IE always print the color in a javaapplet?

Andrew Thompson

me said:
I have a webpage with an embedded java applet.
One of my customers have 3 different colorprinters
and none of them prints any color drawn in the
applet, only black shows, red and blue dosent show
at all. The color dosent show in the print
preview either. They are using IE5 and IE6.

Get them to check their settings for IE
http://www.physci.org/test/screenshot/IEprint.png

...note that if they point IE _6_ at that img, it
will 'helpfully' compress it to the window
size they are browsing at - making it illegible.

HTH