intigrate the PyGame module with my Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by devendra_k, Mar 5, 2005.

  1. devendra_k

    devendra_k Guest

    I want to intigrate the PyGame module with my Python exe,
    means i DONT want to generate .PYD files separtely rather than that
    want to put PyGame "c" src with Python workspace of VC project
    workspace.
    I am unable to import the sub modules( display, rect etc) of pygame,
    its raising errors,
    am giving the steps i followed, plz help me in this case

    I am stuck at the "pygame" embedding using microsoft visual c++ under
    win2000 os.
    Formarly I have done following activities :

    1. Downloaded the windows binary for python 1.5.2 from python.org.
    2. Downloaded the sdl windows binary package from pysdl.org.
    3. successfully integrated the sdl library into the python15 project.
    A sample py script was tested successfully.

    4. Downloaded pygame 1.6 source from pygame.org.
    5. Integrated the code into vc project.
    6. On similar lines to sdl, the necessary changes were done
    ( as pygame happens to be successor to sdl).
    Initially, the pygame module was not being recognized by the
    environment.

    Regards,

    Devendra

    devendra_k, Mar 5, 2005

  2. devendra_k

    Lucas Raab Guest

    You don't want to put the Pygame files in the pythonxy.exe (where xy is
    your version number) file, but rather the pythonxy.dll file.

    Lucas Raab, Mar 5, 2005

  3. Pygame uses Python 1.5.2 still!? :) Oi.

    Warren

    Warren Postma, Mar 7, 2005
  4. devendra_k

    Dave Brueck Guest