Introduction to Oflow

Discussion in 'C++' started by Lin Li, Aug 24, 2003.

  1. Lin Li

    Lin Li Guest

    I hope this posting does not violate the rules of this group.
    Since this is a language group, I believe many regular users
    are also interested in computer languages in general. I would
    like to invite those interested to have a look at a graphical
    computing model I developed. It is called Oflow. Its basic
    properties are:

    Completely graph oriented computing model without
    underlying sequential presentation of computing logic.

    Very small set of constructs and concepts.

    Parallel algorithm expression at all granularity levels.

    Inherent support for widely distributed systems.

    Inherent transparent persistency.

    Natural integration mechanism with existing distributed
    application systems.

    Integrated data and their handling capabilities eliminate
    the need for software distribution and their version control.

    Very strongly typed language with high generic programming
    capacities.

    Types are stand-alone and serve as contracts to make
    independently developed systems to cooperate smoothly
    together.

    Integral handling of type foster co-evolution of common
    types that bind diverse independent systems together.

    Inherent capability to support rich and adaptable presentation
    of elements to the users on different gadgets and other
    user preferences.

    I prepared a small web page where the basic information about
    Oflow is presented: http://web.green.ch/oflow. You can reach
    me at . If you replay to this posting,
    please do so in comp.lang.visual because it is more related
    to the topic and it is currently not very active. I am going
    to monitor that group only.

    Thank you very much and have a nice day in your favorite group.

    Lin

    Lin Li, Aug 24, 2003

  2. This is 100% off topic.

    However I have been working on some of these ideas myself and I am
    convinced that some generation of this kind of product will eliminate
    the need for textual representations of programs so from that
    perspective it is highly relevant.

    Very COOL work.

    Gianni Mariani, Aug 24, 2003