Invalid length for a Base-64 char array

Wayne Sepega

I'm receiving the above error from time to time with one of our web pages.
What would cause this?
Thanks
Wayne

The following is the stacktrace from the exception:

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type
'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.FormatException:
Invalid length for a Base-64 char array. at
System.Convert.FromBase64CharArray(Char[] inArray, Int32 offset, Int32
length) at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.UrlTokenDecode(String input) at
System.Web.UI.Page.DecryptString(String s) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack
trace --- at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at
ASP.alerts_add_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at
System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)

Wayne Sepega

Yes we are, but looking at the stack trace it isn't getting into any of our
methods that do encryption/decryption.

Wayne