IronPython with Apache

edfialk

Hi all, I'm completely new to Python, but fairly experienced in PHP
and few other languages.

Long story short: The IronPython executable doesn't work for .cgi
scripts in my browser.

I've been assigned to write a service that pulls in parameters from
the URL, accesses a file and serves some data through a CSV. The only
problem I foresee myself is accessing and reading this file, which is
a 'hyper-cube' in that it has many dimensions of data.

Anyway, the code for reading and writing this cube was already written
by a coworker in IronPython and .NET. Again, I'm totally new to
Python but as I'm stepping through trying to pick out pieces that I
need, I can't even import clr.

So, I'm told I need IronPython, which I get, and I replace the #!c:
\Python25\python.exe with the IronPython executable (#!c:
\IronPython-1.0.1\ipy.exe), but I get a 500 Internal Server error and:

"[Wed Mar 07 17:02:21 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] malformed
header from script. Bad header= File , line 0, in __import__:
testing.cgi" in the Error log.

Does anyone know how to set up this 'IronPython' through Apache so I
can use it to read/write data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
-Ed

John J. Lee

edfialk said:
So, I'm told I need IronPython, which I get, and I replace the #!c:
\Python25\python.exe with the IronPython executable (#!c:
\IronPython-1.0.1\ipy.exe), but I get a 500 Internal Server error and:

"[Wed Mar 07 17:02:21 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] malformed
header from script. Bad header= File , line 0, in __import__:
testing.cgi" in the Error log.
[...]

Looks odd. Try the IronPython mailing list?

Or try this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...11-0D7E-4C6E-9B18-8F9D2AC1EE43&displaylang=en

John