Is anyone aware of a VHDL dependency finder?

Paul Floyd

The above tip is really cool. I've always wanted such an edit mode.
But what else is there? I'd love to hear what the super users think
is so cool about XEmacs over other editors.

xemacs and emacs have a huge amount of functionality built in and even
more available as add-ons. Having said that, it is big and slow, and I
find the key combinations excessive, particularly with Esc for Meta. For
instance, one sequence that I frequently use is Ctrl-x then h followed
by Esc then Ctrl-\.

I still use vi for usenet though!

A bientot
Paul

Nicolas Matringe

Shannon a écrit :
Nice choices of color. Why is 'StartxEI' and 'SelectPortCxSI'
different colors?

This must be the "special syntax" I was refering to.
You can define a custom syntax that emacs should recognize and color
differently.
By default the special syntax defines constants & generics as ending
with _c and _g, types ending with _t, variables ending with _v and gives
different colors to object names that respect this.

I'm thinking of adding 'clk' and 'rst' to my special syntax definition...

Nicolas

Mike Treseler

Shannon a écrit :
Probably a custom Regexp, see below.

Nicolas said:
This must be the "special syntax" I was refering to.
You can define a custom syntax that emacs should recognize and color
differently.
By default the special syntax defines constants & generics as ending
with _c and _g, types ending with _t, variables ending with _v and gives
different colors to object names that respect this.
I'm thinking of adding 'clk' and 'rst' to my special syntax definition...

The command is:
customize-variable vhdl-special-syntax-alist

Which brings up these default settings:

Vhdl Special Syntax Alist: Hide
INS DEL Face:
Name : generic/constant