is hibernate still the bee's knees?

grasp06110

Hi Everybody,

I'm new on a project with JSP front end / Oracle back end and
considering using Hibernate. Is Hibernate considered a gold standard
at this point? Anything else I should be considering instead of
Hibernate?

Thanks,
John

Lord Zoltar

Hi Everybody,

I'm new on a project with JSP front end / Oracle back end and
considering using Hibernate.  Is Hibernate considered a gold standard
at this point?  Anything else I should be considering instead of
Hibernate?

Thanks,
John

I've heard combinations of JSF and SDO are hot and trendy right now,
but it could be just buzzspeak. I know one project here has had lots
of problems getting SDO to work properly and reverted back to
Hibernate.

josh.s17

I've heard combinations of JSF and SDO are hot and trendy right now,
but it could be just buzzspeak. I know one project here has had lots
of problems getting SDO to work properly and reverted back to
Hibernate.

Hibernate certainly still is the favourite where I work.

Has anyone got hibernate to work successfully with oracle blobs?

Arne Vajhøj

grasp06110 said:
I'm new on a project with JSP front end / Oracle back end and
considering using Hibernate. Is Hibernate considered a gold standard
at this point?

Yes - I think so.
Anything else I should be considering instead of
Hibernate?

JPA/EJB3 (with Hibernate as possible implementation).

Arne