Is it possible for java based applications to use asp.net forms authentication mechanism

santosh.tripathy

We have a requirement where in a java based web application is getting
integrated with the existing .net based web pages. The .net based web
pages are secured through forms authentication. Is there any mechanism
where we can extend the same form based authentication to java based
web pages?

santosh

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the reply. Do you know or heard of any implementation like
this where the cookie can be decrypted? Or is it a wrong forum to ask
this?

bruce barker

the easiest is to add a common cookie ticket both sides know how to
get/set. on each page request update the common token. when a user is
has not been authenticated, check the common ticket first for the identity.

if the sites are on different domains, you may want a single signon
server. there are several solutions for this.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Now that I revisit the subject, I think a good way to handle this is to use
Forms auth for the ASP.NET as you already have, but use a WebService to
handle the Authenticate call. The Java stuff can also use the same
Webservice, and they'll write their own "ticket" cookie in any way that they
do it. So you'll have two sets of cookies, but authentication will work off
the same webservice and users table for both types of pages.

--Peter
http://www.eggheadcafe.com