Is it possible to disable the back-button, from the server side??

Rob Smeets

Hi

I was wondering, is it possible to disable the back button in internet
explorer.
Our Website is hosting a Siebel website, and the problem is that Siebel has
problems with the use of the back button in internet explorer. I can't make a
customized internet explorer because the site must be accesible anywere.
So i need to do it from the server side... Any Ideas??

Thanks in Advance,

Rob Smeets

Mauricio Reyes

Add this code in the page you don't want your users to come back:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=javascript>
<!--
history.go(+1);
//-->
</SCRIPT>

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Add this code in the page you don't want your users to come back:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=javascript>
<!--
history.go(+1);
//-->
</SCRIPT>
So, in other words , since you provided client-side script, the answer is
that it is not possible to disable the back button from the server-side
code.

This solution may have unintended consequences. Instead of attempting to
mess with the users' browsers, engineer your application so that it will not
matter if the back button is used. I don't know what a "Siebel website" is,
so I cannot get specific.

Bob Barrows