is PetShop 2.0 Anti pattern?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by pratham, Aug 31, 2006.

  1. pratham

    pratham Guest

    Hi,

    I was seeing code of PetShop 2.0 and find is quite .. differnet design
    and architecture ..

    too much of clutter in classes .. order class using and Iorder and
    Iorder using an orderInfo and same for product, is this good design
    ...is it MS design principles?

    I just learning the nacks of application designing and architecture and
    i dont know how should be my thinking process ..should i think in
    Classes/object or what way.. ?

    by the way i have joined these formums just few days back ..and i say
    its simply superb you all experts out there trying to help people like
    us.. SALUTES.

    Comments Please

    pratham, Aug 31, 2006

  2. a large group of developers (especially the test first design) believe in
    interface design, and that only interfaces should be used. Interfaces define
    contracts, and classes implement contracts in this design model.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Aug 31, 2006

  3. pratham

    pratham Guest

    I have read this line many times " Interface define Contracts" what
    does this mean technically, can please explain me with an example, also
    i want to know whether having interfaces for all your classes is good
    idea?

    Thanks in advance

    pratham, Sep 3, 2006
  4. Interfaces define contracts of service.
    Interfaces do not define implementation details.

    The specification of the contract of a component includes the
    input/output behavior, invariance and dependencies to other components.

    Architecturally, interfaces encapsulate nodes and provide clear access points.
    A component or a service is visible exclusively through its interface.

    If your class doesn't include a component or a service,
    i.e., if its properties and/or methods can be called directly, it doesn't need an interface.

    See :
    http://discuss.develop.com/archives/wa.exe?A2=ind0203d&L=dotnet&D=1&T=0&F=&S=&P=93506
    and :
    http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/av...d2.pdf#search=""interfaces define contracts""