Is splint really better than lint? Is there a better tool than splint?

Peter Bencsik

Hi,

does anybody has experience with static source code checker for C?

I am thinking of choosing splint as my favorite tool, is this a good choice?

regards,
pb

Michael Mair

Peter said:
does anybody has experience with static source code checker for C?

I am thinking of choosing splint as my favorite tool, is this a good choice?

If you do not want to pay anything, then splint is the best choice
I know.
If you are willing to pay, I'd rather recommend PCLint/FlexeLint
from http://www.gimpel.com/

Note that this is not exactly a C question, so you may be better
off asking in another newsgroup (I do not know one where this is
more topical than here, though).

Cheers
Michael