Is there a better/simpler logging module?

Alessandro Bottoni

I just tried to use the python standard logging module in a small program
and I found myself lost among all those features, all those configuration
options and so on.

Is there any better/simpler logging module around?
What do you use for logging in your programs?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Hoffman

Alessandro said:
I just tried to use the python standard logging module in a small program
and I found myself lost among all those features, all those configuration
options and so on.

If you don't want to mess with all this stuff it's easy enough to do:

import logging

logging.warning("my warning")
logging.debug("debug message")

The configuration options are strictly optional.

Personally I use a package I wrote called autolog, which sets up
configuration from a dot-file in the home directory if it exists, and a
basic logger for each module automagically. And it does this all using
the stdlib logging module. :)