Is there a better book to learn javascript?

Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
70
Reaction score
1
hi,i use

"The Complete Reference JavaScript (third edition) ,Thomas A. POwell,Fritz ,schneider"

but I do not think that the book was telling it good.

is there a better book ?

(until "objects" in chapter 2 there was no problem but just here and presumably later,it is not being told good.

Joined
Mar 4, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
I am using Head First HTML5 Programming = A Learner's Guide to Building Apps With JavaScript. Freeman & Robson O'Reilly publishing. ISBN: 978-1-449-39054-9.

Slow and concise, you never get bored with it, and you learn each new thing in a way that you won't forget it. Which is what I need. It's a little hokey with its fonts sometimes, but that's easy to overlook considering the value.

The only problem I am running into, and this could just be my errors, or the fact that I am running all of my code on a Chrome browser in an Android phone, but sometimes the examples don't seem to work as presented. Which is why I am here. The last two exercises didn't work, and I am struggling to figure out why.

I have tried on several browsers, and I am currently testing the code on CodePen.io. The problems seems to crop up there as well. But all in all, this book is very good. I got it REALLY cheap used from http://secondsale.com