Is there no pivot table, or horizontal mode for a gridview in 2.0?

cmay

I am trying to make the datalist work for me in presenting data in a
"pivot table" manner, but it isn't exactly pretty.

I have seen some complex code examples of people trying to re arrange a
datagrid to do this.

Is there no easier way to get this?

Alvin Bruney

pivot tables are a specialized control. you will need a third party control
for that. You can customize the gridview but the amount of effort to
simulate a pivot table but the effort may not be worth it. I'd suggest you
pursue a third party alternative - there are many to choose from.

--

________________________
Warm regards,

[Shameless Author plug]
Professional VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley
The O.W.C. Black Book with .NET
www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/blogs/alvin

Guest

Could you please link to some of the many third party alternatives you mention?
Does it cost to use them, or are there any free ones?

cmay said:
I am trying to make the datalist work for me in presenting data in a
"pivot table" manner, but it isn't exactly pretty.

I have seen some complex code examples of people trying to re arrange a
datagrid to do this.

Is there no easier way to get this?

Guest

It seems Mr. Bruney isn't replying. Can anybody else help in this matter?