Is there problem with the Javascript code?

Jukka K. Korpela

Please open the following page. The problem is described in there.
Thanks for help.

http://www.pinyinology.com/diaoHao2a/group/box2a.html

As far as I can see, the JavaScript code is simple and contains no
technical problem:

function newWindow2() {
var catWindow = window.open('notes.html', 'catwin','width=640,
height=400, left=20,top=20, scrollbars=no');
catWindow.focus();
}

function newWindow4() {
var catWindow = window.open('zhw.html', 'catwin','width=600, height=200,
left=410, top=20, scrollbars=yes');
catWindow.focus();
}

Fairly similar codes, and the specific parameters that are partly
different should not have any great impact on functionality-

The page says:
"Open this page with IE, and click the 'left', close the window, and the
performance should be OK. Then click the 'right'. No small window is
opened, but the whole browser is closed."

I cannot observe any such problem on IE 9 (Win 7 Pro SP 1). Both windows
open OK, with the intended content.

I suspect that the problem might be in your browser or in your system
rather than in the code.

fulio pen

My observation on IE 8 (64bit XP) is the same.

I concur.

Richard.

Yucca and Richard,

Thank you both. The problem might be on my computer which is an old
netbook with XP and IE-8. I originally wondered whether the left and
top attributes were allowed in the function.

function newWindow4() {
var catWindow = window.open('zhw.html', 'catwin','width=600,
height=200,
left=410, top=20, scrollbars=yes');
catWindow.focus();
}

Now it is clear that the problem is not on the function, but my
computer. I will not worry as long as other people see the page all
right. Thanks again.

fulio pen