ISO TP on top of TCP/IP

Michael

I need to update a C++ program that communicates with a server over an
X25 link. The new method of communicating has to be ISO transport
protocol on top of TCP/IP. I have been given a TSAP, an IP address and
a well known port number (102).

Trying to find information about where to start, I have searched for:
ISOTP, ITOT, ISO-TSAP, TP TCPIP and "Port 102" etc.

Most searches on the Internet just return the RFC and some finite
state machine definitions for the communications protocol. Do I
actually have to CODE all of this from the RFC? I can't beleive there
isn't an implementation already in GNU, sourceforge etc. I have seen
references to a file ISOTP.SYS
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/142847/EN-US/) so I think it is a
communications protocol already supported by MS VC++. Is it?

I can already create a network connection using TCP/IP, now I want to
use ITOT (ISO TP on top of TCP/IP). I can't find any examples of this
protocol being used and I don't know how to set up a link using it. If
you have had any experience with ITOT please can you add a couple of
lines here just to get me started.

Many thanks,

Michael Streeter
google at m-streeter dot demon.codotuk <- change at,dot to @,.
Prefer replies in this forum tho'

PS. I am using Microsoft Visual C++ on Windows 2000.

google

In the last few minutes I have discovered about TDI (Transport Drivers
Interface).
The structure TA_ADDRESS can hold TDI_ADDRESS_TYPE_OSI_TSAP (OSI, TSAP
address).
Am I looking in the right place this time? I suspect I am zeroing in on
the answer.
Any helpful comments would still greatly appreciated.
I need to update a C++ program that communicates with a server over an
X25 link. The new method of communicating has to be ISO transport
protocol on top of TCP/IP. I have been given a TSAP, an IP address and
a well known port number (102).
I can already create a network connection using TCP/IP, now I want to
use ITOT (ISO TP on top of TCP/IP). I can't find any examples of this
protocol being used and I don't know how to set up a link using it. If
you have had any experience with ITOT please can you add a couple of
lines here just to get me started.
<snip>