TCP-IP in 8051

debasish2205

Hello All,
I am new to networking.But asigned a project on TCP-IP using Silicon
Labs 8051 microcontrollers.
I have ben asked to design the TCP-IP stack in C.Could anyone give me
any ideas on this matter-how to proceed.I wd be grateful for any
glimpses............
Debasish

Phlip

debasish2205 said:
I am new to networking.But asigned a project on TCP-IP using Silicon
Labs 8051 microcontrollers.
I have ben asked to design the TCP-IP stack in C.Could anyone give me
any ideas on this matter-how to proceed.I wd be grateful for any
glimpses............

I would start by downloading the source to PCap, getting it working on an
existing stack, and then compiling it for debug and debugging it to see what
it was doing.

From there, TCP/IP is a well-studied system, so don't just start coding. Use
Google to find similar resources and work with them.

Also, you will get better results on . This
newsgroup is only qualified to discuss the C++ language itself.