J2ME - select DataStorage

Rene Morschhauser

Hi,

I am developing an application for PDAs using IBMs
VM (J9). Now my problem is, that I want to store
data on the device. Well, I am using J2ME with
Personal Profile to do this, so file support is
present in this configuration. Now I wonder if
there exist solutions to store data and easily
retrieve it. (commercial, free, open source)

I have to store data on the device, add new
data often, update and delete old data sometimes.

1. So how do you store data, when not having present
a complete RDBMS?
2. There are RDBMS for this platform too.
Any experiences using them?
(for example Pointbase)
3 There is this JDO Option (for example
with ObjectDB) is this working well?
4. What do you think of the following options,
which I already found, but have no idea
whether they will work?

I alread checked:
-JDMB (rather minimalistic, only key/value pairs to be saved)
-JISP (produces rather big files -> not suitable for
constrained devices?)
-HSQL (Anybody got that to work within the mentioned configuration?
I think mainly the java.sql.* classes are missing in the
personal profile)
-ObjectDB (OODB with JDO, no idea exactly if this will
work for my purposes)

Any help will be appreciated
Rene