J2ME GUI map component

Scott Gifford

Hello,

First, if there is a better forum for J2ME questions, please let me
know and I'll take this question over there.

We're working on a J2ME application. We would like to include a map
component, something like Google Maps, embedded in our app.

I see some GUI components available that do this, but they mostly seem
to be Google Maps hacks, which violate Google's Terms of Service, and
could break at any time if Google makes any backend changes. Mind
you, I don't have any personal objection to this, but this project is
commercial and we can't be making Google mad at us.

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a map component that didn't
rely on these sorts of hacks. Free or commercial is OK. If not, has
anybody found a mapping service (free or commercial) that is easy to
work with from J2ME?

Thanks for any suggestions!

----Scott.

Sabine Dinis Blochberger

Scott said:
[...]

There's also a Yahoo using API ("Sample GPS app for Java ME"):
<https://meapplicationdevelopers.dev.java.net/mobileajax.html>

Some random results ("java geographical map api -google")
<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/00/138949a0fb0b4c83c1ee860ae952ec/content.htm>
<http://www.devdirect.com/all/MappingandGIS_PCAT_1933.aspx>