Java and Jasper reports help

Discussion in 'Java' started by sconeek, Apr 11, 2006.

  1. sconeek

    sconeek Guest

    hi all,
    i am working on a java web app using jasper reports and ireport. i have
    just upgraded my ireport copy to v1.2.0.

    i have noticed that everytime i compile a report, there are multiple
    instances of that file saved in the same folder, with different names.
    so for every file i have multiple other files which start with the same
    name but have numbers towards the end. eg.
    reportA_1144647517990_939916.java

    can somebody tell me why is ireport generating all these extra files. i
    thought they were backups and have already disabled the backup option
    (under options - backup) but it doesnt seem to help.

    also i am creating some new sub-reports and i am only getting jrxml and
    jasper files, i cant see my java file. all other files have 3 files
    except anything new i create. when i compile the report using ireport,
    it compiles fine and i can view the report but when i compile the app
    using eclipse there is no java file present and hence the compilation
    fails.

    please help and thanks.

    sconeek, Apr 11, 2006