    Thanks,

    Antonio
    www.etantonio.it

    Etantonio, Dec 6, 2008

  2. First off, don't multipost. It fragments discussions, etc. Keep in mind
    that many people read many of the different c.l.j.* newsgroups, so you
    need only post in one, MAYBE two, anyways.

    Second, GIYF: <http://www.google.com/search?q=Java+usb>. jUSB would
    probably be your best bet, although it appears to be abandonware.

    Joshua Cranmer, Dec 6, 2008

  3. Etantonio

    steve Guest

    Don't need to make it so complicated.
    go for JINI, write a couple of sections of c/c++ code.
    You can have it done in a couple of hours .
    if your on a mac, examples for read/writing to USB devices from java using
    c/c++ libraries are available.

    Steve

    steve, Dec 7, 2008
  4. Etantonio

    etantonio Guest

    It seems that it works just under linux while I need it also for
    windows.
    Any other suggest ??

    Antonio
    www.etantonio.it/en

    etantonio, Dec 9, 2008
  5. Etantonio

    etantonio Guest

    wHAT ABOUT THIS PROJECT ??
    dO YOU THINK COULD BE A GOOD SOLUTION ??

    Thanks,

    Antonio
    www.etantonio.it/de

    etantonio, Dec 9, 2008
  6. Am Sat, 06 Dec 2008 14:25:43 -0500 schrieb Joshua Cranmer:
    Here's some info on jUSB (from 2003, but may still help):
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/j-usb.html

    And here's a bit on creating your own JNI-based Java/USB API:
    http://today.java.net/lpt/a/303

    Here's a link to a German company ("Bubensoft") who offer a Java/USB API.
    You can download it after registering. Installation template, Windows
    driver and sample code are included. Note: Everything is in German only.
    http://87.174.83.219/home/home.html

    Caveat: I've tried none of this myself, because the project for which
    I did the research never materialized after all.

    -- Sebastian

    Sebastian Millies, Dec 12, 2008