java and USB MIDI interface

Will

Excuse me (also for my english),

I need help for a java program. I'm writing a java tool that from a MIDI
file (of type 1) get out all the pitch and velocity of all tracks.

Really, my problem is come out this pitch and velocity at a midi USB
interface (i'm using a emagic MT4 USB midi inteface) recognize of Mac Os
X (Tiger).

I want to know how i can do this (which java library or api) and which
libriry i must to utilize.

I tried with javax.sound source api, but i not able to find a right
function (for my purpouse).

I'm sorry if i'm off topic.

Thank very much!

Oliver Wong

Will said:
Excuse me (also for my english),

I need help for a java program. I'm writing a java tool that from a MIDI
file (of type 1) get out all the pitch and velocity of all tracks.

Really, my problem is come out this pitch and velocity at a midi USB
interface (i'm using a emagic MT4 USB midi inteface) recognize of Mac Os X
(Tiger).

I want to know how i can do this (which java library or api) and which
libriry i must to utilize.

I tried with javax.sound source api, but i not able to find a right
function (for my purpouse).

Read chapters 8 to 12 of
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/sound/programmer_guide/contents.html

- Oliver