Java FTP Upload (ready2go-Example-Webpage)

Ren?

Hello,

I need a possibility to upload large files from a web-page. It have to
be simple to use, like the following:

-possibility to select some local files
-upload with a klick (target-dir in params)
-NO need to see the remot-result (is in PHP)
-configurable via params (host,user,passw,...)

Would be nice to hear from you. Thank you.
René

Brian Pipa

Ren? said:
Hello,

I need a possibility to upload large files from a web-page. It have to
be simple to use, like the following:

-possibility to select some local files
-upload with a klick (target-dir in params)
-NO need to see the remot-result (is in PHP)
-configurable via params (host,user,passw,...)
You're too vague. Be more specific and maybe we can suggest something.
Is there an FTP server you are tyring to upload to from a webpage? or do
you mean an HTTP upload from the client browser to a servlet/JSP running
on your server? You could check out my FileNabber web-app - it does HTTP
uplaods and can download FROM HTTP and FTP. http://fn.filenabber.com

Brian

Berlin Brown

Brian said:
You're too vague. Be more specific and maybe we can suggest something.
Is there an FTP server you are tyring to upload to from a webpage? or do
you mean an HTTP upload from the client browser to a servlet/JSP running
on your server? You could check out my FileNabber web-app - it does HTTP
uplaods and can download FROM HTTP and FTP. http://fn.filenabber.com

Brian
That is not vague at all, File upload, what more info do you need.

Ren?

Hello,

I need a little built-in-version of a java-ftp-client for my webpage.
ONLY upload of (big) files is necessary. Further necessarily details
are

- to chose some files (not directories)
- button for upload
- progress-view (percent or bar)
- to adjust ftp-params per config-file or per html-params

Not really an ftp-client whith remote and local-view, but a
html-<form>-like tool would be nice.

Thank you very much.
René

Robert Schlak

Hello,

I need a possibility to upload large files from a web-page. It have to
be simple to use, like the following:

-possibility to select some local files
-upload with a klick (target-dir in params)
-NO need to see the remot-result (is in PHP)
-configurable via params (host,user,passw,...)

Would be nice to hear from you. Thank you.
René

I have the same requirement, I think, as Rene. I am trying to upload a
file using the browser as well. In my application I am uploading to an
FTP site that is NOT common with my web server. I have already done
this using a button on the form that is tied to a Javascript function
that opens a new browser window with a URL = "ftp://afpt.....". I then
have a pop up (alert) that tells the user to use their broswer's File,
Upload feature. I did this specifically to avoid a server side
solution due to security issues. Since the FTP site is anonymous and
allows uploads, this worked well until....Netscape disabled the
"Upload File" from their "File" pull down in version 7.0. MSIE doesn't
not even offer that feature either. Both of these browsers will now
support drag-and-drop, but only for Windows. My UNIX (running Solaris)
doesn't allow drag-and-drop to the broswer. So, now I have effectively
lost that ability unless I can find a way to get a browser-side FTP
tool that works for Windows and UNIX.

RS