Java/Linux Always on Top

AJ

Hello, I have an unavoidable situation. I have a Display system that
takes up the entire width and height of the screen. I want to overlay
a toolbar I have written in java on top of this display. Thusly, this
toolbar needs the capability to always stay on top. Is their a way to
do this in Linux? Solaris? I know it is bad GUI form to do this, but
my intentions are not devious, I am just playing the cards I have been
dealt. TIA!

AJ

Andrew Thompson

| Hello, I have an unavoidable situation. I have a Display
system that
| takes up the entire width and height of the screen. I want to
overlay
| a toolbar I have written in java on top of this display.
Thusly, this
| toolbar needs the capability to always stay on top.

Put it in a Dialog, that should do the trick.

ak

| Hello, I have an unavoidable situation. I have a Display
system that
| takes up the entire width and height of the screen. I want to
overlay
| a toolbar I have written in java on top of this display.
Thusly, this
| toolbar needs the capability to always stay on top.

Put it in a Dialog, that should do the trick.
important is that your display must be owner of Dialog (you can also use
Window, [JDialog or JWindow for swing] instead)