Java Pet Store Demo 1.3.2 trouble

amitg

Hi, I am new to J2EE. I tried installing the sample petstore
application available at Suns' site. I follwed the installation
instructions located at following url
http://java.sun.com/blueprints/code/jps132/docs/installing.html

I was able to successfully install and deploy the petstore application.
But to run the demo when I enter http://localhost:8000/petstore the
J2EE's webserver
returns 404 File not found.

-------------------------------------
J2EE SDK/1.3.1 - HTTP Status 404 - /petstore/

type Status report

message /petstore/

description The requested resource (/petstore/) is not available.
--------------------------------------

do I have to make any changes in the config file..?
The .war files are deployed in
J2EE_HOME/repository/myHostName/explodeTMP/PetStoreEAR/

any help will be highly appreciated.

tia,
Amit

amitg

Finally managed to install the application after many unsuccessful
attemps. Did nothing new except that installed it on my poor(read 128mb
ram) home computer instead.
Took whole 15 mins to deploy it and then another 10 to populate the
database.

-Amit