"Java Plug-in Fatal Error" in IE 6.0

Wes Harrison

I am visiting a web site that uses Java applets and I get the following
error in a window titled "Java Plug-in Fatal Error":

"The Java Runtime Environment cannot be loaded from <\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll>"

I am using J2SE 1.4.2_05 and Windows 2000. How do I fix this problem?

Wes

Andrew Thompson

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:42:30 +1000, Wes Harrison wrote:

I am replying to this post 'cos I trimmed most
of the pertinent information from the other..
I am visiting a web site

<http://www.commbank.com.au/default.asp>

Ahhh... 'Bastard Bank' ;-)
..that uses Java applets and I get the following
error in a window titled "Java Plug-in Fatal Error":

"The Java Runtime Environment cannot be loaded from <\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll>"

I am using J2SE 1.4.2_05 and Windows 2000. How do I fix this problem?

I do not get that error on that page using the
1.5 (BETA) plug-in... Does anybody have 1.4.2_05
that could check it?

In any case, it *does* sound suspiciously like
you have a corrupted Java installation..

Are you lurking Roedy? You have more experience
with failed installations than I do..

To Wes.. I might point you to the mindprod.com
site for Roedy's instructions on un & reinstalling
the JVM, but I am reluctant to recommend that until
I hear from someone with more experience in failed
installations, and Roedy is one of those people
(sh*t, he has pages devoted to it, he has dealt
with lots of arcane problems of this nature..)