Java Server Faces and Tomcat

Jon

Does anyone know which versions of Tomcat will support Java Server
Faces?

I keep seeing references to Tomcat 5 but is that the minimal
requirement?

If there some list of requirements that include the app server
somewhere?

Chris Smith

Jon said:
Does anyone know which versions of Tomcat will support Java Server
Faces?

I keep seeing references to Tomcat 5 but is that the minimal
requirement?

If there some list of requirements that include the app server
somewhere?

The web services tutorial (easily found from the JSF site on
java.sun.com) mentions servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 as the minimum
requirements. Tomcat 4.1 could even be used to meet that. Of course,
you'd have to include the JSF implementation, either in WEB-INF/lib or
in Tomcat's internal classpath locations.

Tomcat 5.0 is included with the JWSDP 1.3, though, and I've never tried
getting JSF to work on Tomcat 4.1.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Jon

The web services tutorial (easily found from the JSF site on
java.sun.com) mentions servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 as the minimum
requirements. Tomcat 4.1 could even be used to meet that. Of course,
you'd have to include the JSF implementation, either in WEB-INF/lib or
in Tomcat's internal classpath locations.

Tomcat 5.0 is included with the JWSDP 1.3, though, and I've never tried
getting JSF to work on Tomcat 4.1.

Yeah, I saw that so I'm playing with the stuff that came with JWSDP 1.3
but I was wondering about possible inclusion into the product my company
makes.

For reasons of customer compatibility we are stuck in the Tomcat 4.0.x
world and JSP 1.1 So we won't be able to make use of JSF for some time.

Thanks for the info...

Tom Cole

I was running the EA4 product on Tomcat 4.1.24.