java support for access to serial devices

Bruintje Beer

Hi,

Does java have a api to access serial ports / parallel ports

regards

John

Knute Johnson

Bruintje said:
Hi,

Does java have a api to access serial ports / parallel ports

regards

John

If you want it for Solaris or Linux go to;

http://java.sun.com/products/javacomm/index.jsp

and select "Download" on the left side.

The Windows software has been removed completely from the Sun site.
There is nobody working on it as far as I know. RXTX for Windows has a
lot of bugs and was unusable as of my last test in the fall. The last
version supplied by Sun for Windows worked fine on 98 and XP. I have
not heard of anybody trying it on Vista however.

If you want a Windows copy, send me an email. I'll tell you how to
install it too.