java web service engine (axis2 problems)

Shark

Hi all,

I want to use web services engine in my j2ee project and I thought
about :
Axis2
JAX-WS
Spring web services

After trying Axis2 for about a week,
I was unable to call the service sending and receiving complex Objects
e.g:

Class MyClass{
Long id;
String name;
OtherClass class;

Steps I took in order to run this Axis2 web service :
Download tomcat + axis War (install both)
Create aar file from MyClass _ services.xml
Deploy the aar
Generate java stubs using wsdl2java
Then I tried to unsuccessfully run the web service...

I am seeking for an alternative to Axis2 that will be much user
friendly (programmer friendly)
Or an example on how to perform this very basic task of sending and
receiving complex Java objects throw the web service

Many thanks,
Sharon

Guest

Shark said:
I want to use web services engine in my j2ee project and I thought
about :
Axis2
JAX-WS
Spring web services

After trying Axis2 for about a week,
I was unable to call the service sending and receiving complex Objects
e.g:

Class MyClass{
Long id;
String name;
OtherClass class;

I would always use a public class with private fields and
public getters and setters.
Steps I took in order to run this Axis2 web service :
Download tomcat + axis War (install both)
Create aar file from MyClass _ services.xml
Deploy the aar
Generate java stubs using wsdl2java
Then I tried to unsuccessfully run the web service...

Based on that error description it is impossible to say
what the problem is.
I am seeking for an alternative to Axis2 that will be much user
friendly (programmer friendly)
Or an example on how to perform this very basic task of sending and
receiving complex Java objects throw the web service

I did not have any problems with Axis2 and my own classes.

But one obvious alternative to Axis2 is XFire. You can try that and
see if it suit you better.

Arne

Shark

Thank you very much

After consulting with friend today he also recommended XFire,
He is working for a very big software company.
He said that his company tested Axis2 and rejected its use for XFire.
(j2ee application with approximately 10K users)

I will give XFire a try.

Do you have any sample code for Axis2 / XFire that send java Class
instance and receives one as a parameter?
All code samples I found receives and get primitives / String.

Thank you
Sharon

Tomek

Thank you very much

After consulting with friend today he also recommended XFire,
He is working for a very big software company.
He said that his company tested Axis2 and rejected its use for XFire.
(j2ee application with approximately 10K users)

I will give XFire a try.

Very good decision :) But you can also check Apache CXF (which is
XFire successor )
Do you have any sample code for Axis2 / XFire that send java Class
instance and receives one as a parameter?
All code samples I found receives and get primitives / String.

Take a look at XFire samples e.g. JSR181.