Javascript dummy needs help.

Michael Swift

I would appreciate a bit of help with a problem I'm having which may or
may not be javascript related, or at least a pointer to where I could
solve it.

XP Pro SP2
Firefox 2.5.7
Google toolbar 7.0.20091216Wb1

The drop down search box on the left of the Google toolbar has suddenly
stopped retaining searches I have made not only from session to session
but within a session, as this is something I found useful for
researching various subjects I wonder if someone could help.

I have done all the obvious, to me anyway, such as disabling add-ons,
checking options both in Google and Firefox and even totally un-
installing and re-installing both with the latest and earlier versions.

I'm asking for help in this group because in Firefox/tools/error console
I get the following error :-

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Operation is not supported"
code: "9" nsresult: "0x80530009 (NS_ERROR_DOM_NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR)"
location: "chrome://google-toolbar-lib/content/toolbar.js Line: 1822"]

Any help much appreciated.

Mike