    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Regards,
    SB

    SlimBiker, Jun 5, 2006

  2. SlimBiker

    Noah Sussman Guest

    function positionElOnscreen(someId, elTop, elHeight) {
    var topz= elTop;
    var heightz= elHeight;
    topz = (document.body.clientHeight - (heightz + 20));
    document.getElementById(someId).style.top = topz;
    }

    function aboveTheFold (someId, elTop, elHeight) {
    if (document.body.clientHeight < (elTop + elHeight)) {
    positionElOnscreen(someId, elTop, elHeight);

    NOTE: The "extra" variables (topz, heightz) are a necessary
    workaround, see http://www.quirksmode.org/js/cross_dhtml.html

    This code works in IE6 and FF 1.5, and AFAIK Safari. However, this
    feature is currently in use by at least one of my clients, and I
    haven't heard any complaints about it. So it may work pretty well in
    other browsers as well.

    There's a working example here:

    http://www.onemorebug.com/meme.washer/code_examples/aboveTheFold_javascript.html

    Noah Sussman, Jun 5, 2006