Javascript with IE 7

KA Kueh

Dear all,

I am having problems with "document.getElementsById " in IE7 where it will
throw an error. The same piece of code works perfectly in IE 6 and Firefox
2. Sample code as shown below. What can be done? Thanks.

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="TestForm1.aspx.cs"
Inherits="TestForm1" %>

<head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

<script type="text/javascript">

function test()

{

document.getElementsById('RadioButtonXX').disabled=false;

}

</script>

</head>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" >

</asp:ScriptManager>

<asp:button ID="btnDelete" runat="server" onClientClick="return confirm('Are
you sure you want to delete this mailbox?')" Text="Delete" />

<asp:RadioButtonList ID="RadioButtonList1" runat="server" >

<asp:ListItem>Apple</asp:ListItem>

<asp:ListItem>Orange</asp:ListItem>

</asp:RadioButtonList>

<asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator1" runat="server"
ClientValidationFunction="test"

ControlToValidate="RadioButtonList1">

</asp:CustomValidator>

<asp:DropDownList ID="DropDownList1" runat="server">

<asp:ListItem Text="One" Value="1"></asp:ListItem>

<asp:ListItem Text="Two" Value="2"></asp:ListItem>

</asp:DropDownList>

<asp:RadioButtonList ID="RadioButtonXX" Enabled="true" runat="server" >

<asp:ListItem>Car</asp:ListItem>

<asp:ListItem>Lorry</asp:ListItem>

</asp:RadioButtonList >

</form>

Mark Rae [MVP]

I am having problems with "document.getElementsById " in IE7 where it will
throw an error.

You know, there is very little point in posting to a technical newsgroup
saying that something will throw an error...

....if you don't actually say what that error is...

KA Kueh

Hi Mark,

Ok. I am getting the following error, which is cause by the
document.getElementsById syntax.

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or
method

Regards,

Mark Rae [MVP]

Ok. I am getting the following error, which is cause by the
document.getElementsById syntax.

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or
method

Well there you go - document.getElementsById doesn't exist...

You can use:
document.getElementById(...)
document.getElementsByName(...)
document.getElementsByTagName(...)