JBoss NameNotFoundException

Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all. I'm getting a "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: shadows not bound" error when I hit my app in a web browser. Its deployed on JBoss. I have a shadows.ear, which contains Shadows.jar, and Shadows.war.

I read the following on jndi naming:

"When the EJBs are deployed in an .ear file, the default jndi binding will be prepended by the name of the .ear file. So if the ear file name is foo.ear the default jndi names would be foo/EJB-NAME/remote and foo/EJB-NAME/local."

According to that, my jndi name should be shadows/EJB-NAME/local. So why would shadows not be bound?

I would really appreciate any help with this, as its been driving me crazy for a long time now. Let me know if there's any more info I should provide that would be helpful.

Thanks
Brian

Code:
exception

net.sourceforge.stripes.exception.StripesServletException: Exception encountered processing request.
	net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:189)
	net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DispatcherServlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:65)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.StripesFilter.doFilter(StripesFilter.java:201)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: shadows not bound
	org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)
	org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:537)
	org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:543)
	org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:267)
	org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:625)
	org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:587)
	javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
	com.castofshadows.web.JndiInterceptor.intercept(JndiInterceptor.java:25)
	net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.ExecutionContext.proceed(ExecutionContext.java:154)
	net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.BeforeAfterMethodInterceptor.intercept(BeforeAfterMethodInterceptor.java:111)
	net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.ExecutionContext.proceed(ExecutionContext.java:154)
	net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.ExecutionContext.wrap(ExecutionContext.java:73)
	net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DispatcherHelper.resolveActionBean(DispatcherHelper.java:98)
	net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DispatcherServlet.resolveActionBean(DispatcherServlet.java:206)
	net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:140)
	net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.DispatcherServlet.doGet(DispatcherServlet.java:65)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	net.sourceforge.stripes.controller.StripesFilter.doFilter(StripesFilter.java:201)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

Last edited: