JDK implementation of inner classes doesn't match Java LanguageSpecification

zerg

Mike said:
Thus "seems to be" rather than "is".

But you said it "is" a bad sign!

That post could have said almost anything, for all either of us knows.
"I am an IT manager with foobar. Which is the stablest Java version to
use for our webapps?" would be perfectly on-topic and contain "IT
manager". (As for why it was in English? It's a new enough term, and one
originated in the West, that it might be typically written in English
even in non-English surrounding text. I notice the French saying "hot
dog" rather than "chien chaud", so it's not without precedent. Then add
the fact that there's no direct correspondence between the sounds of
English speech and any ideogram-based writing system.)

Mike Schilling

zerg said:
But you said it "is" a bad sign!

I think it is a bad sign. A record of 7-9 is a bad sign too, but
there are effective pitchers who have one. (Matt Cain, of course.)

Lew

I think it is a bad sign.  A record of 7-9 is a bad sign too, but
there are effective pitchers who have one.  (Matt Cain, of course.)

Mike has an excellent point. A bad sign is an indicator, not proof.
That the poster included verbiage that hinted at spammish intent "*is*
a bad sign". That the poster posted in a language other than English
"*is*" also a bad sign.

zerg

Lew said:
Mike has an excellent point. A bad sign is an indicator, not proof.
That the poster included verbiage that hinted at spammish intent "*is*
a bad sign". That the poster posted in a language other than English
"*is*" also a bad sign.

He originally made a rather stronger claim than I think is supported
here: "it seems to be a job ad". It seems to be something we can't
honestly identify with that degree of confidence without the assistance
of an interpreter.

This is getting rather off-topic, though.

Mike Schilling

zerg said:
He originally made a rather stronger claim than I think is supported
here: "it seems to be a job ad". It seems to be something we can't
honestly identify with that degree of confidence without the
assistance of an interpreter.

This is getting rather off-topic, though.

Ya think?