JNI help

Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi, I have a program written in c++ that I would like to build a java gui for using the JNI. I think that the way the program is built it should be fairly easy.

I have one class called Interpreter that is the interface into the rest of the program. If I understand JNI correctly, I should be able to call a method in the JNI interface from java which will go create a new Interpreter and that I should be able to return this new Interpreter back to my java code and run everything from within Java. Is that correct?

If that is not correct, do you have any recommendations?

I have found that I can create java objects within c code, but don't know how to do the other way around.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: