[Joke] Code

Olivier

I was looking yesterday at a sitcom where a detective
was investigating some "code". It was supposedly a program,
but they seem to have overlooked this fact.. So they went
for the more common meaning of code :p
We happily saw them looking at endless lines of symbols :p
and pretending to read it fluently :-D

If you have lost a program and are left with a compiled
version, you can send it to them :-D
Amities,
Olivier

Joe Smith

Olivier said:
I was looking yesterday at a sitcom where a detective
was investigating some "code". It was supposedly a program,
but they seem to have overlooked this fact.. So they went
for the more common meaning of code :p
We happily saw them looking at endless lines of symbols :p
and pretending to read it fluently :-D

If you have lost a program and are left with a compiled
version, you can send it to them :-D
Amities,
Olivier

Worse, to me, are the Dan Brown ninnies who see "code" in a crappy painting
the size of a postage stamp. I try to avoid the word and talk of "source"
or "executable". Joe

Ico

Olivier said:
I was looking yesterday at a sitcom where a detective
was investigating some "code". It was supposedly a program,
but they seem to have overlooked this fact.. So they went
for the more common meaning of code :p
We happily saw them looking at endless lines of symbols :p

Must have been Perl, then.

Kevin D. Quitt

Forward this to them for me, will you?

/**
From: (e-mail address removed) Tue Jul 25 21:19:33 1989
From: (e-mail address removed) (Eve Schooler)

Just wanted to check out that you gnarly dudes are using the latest and
greatest software technology fer yer rad code to make it easy for the
dudes who have to read it. The hip new way to write readable C
code involves the use of a few simple defines.
**/

#define like {
#define man ;}
#define an ;
#define SayBro /*
#define CheckItOut */

SayBro like, this is some rad program, so CheckItOut

like
a = b
an
c = d
man

SayBro , like who needs help from them compiler choads anyway?
THIS is the way to write CLEAR code. I mean really! CheckItOut

like SayBro this is ShellSort straight out of the white book, but in
a readable form.

CheckItOut man

#define YoDude for(
#define OK )
#define is =
#define AND &&
#define as
#define Do
#define long
#define some
#define make
#define garbage
#define FAROUT

shell(v, n) SayBro sort v[0]...v[n-1] into increasing order CheckItOut
int v[], n;

like int gap, i, j, temp;

YoDude gap is n/2 an as long as gap > 0 Do some garbage an make gap /=2 OK
YoDude i is gap an as long as i < n Do some garbage an make i++ OK
YoDude j is i - gap an as long as j >= 0 AND v[j] > v[j+gap] Do some
garbage an make j -= gap OK
like
temp is v[j] an
v[j] is v[j+gap] an
v[j+gap] is temp
man
FAROUT man

SayBro like, B there OB square! CheckItOut

Keith Thompson

From: (e-mail address removed) Tue Jul 25 21:19:33 1989
From: (e-mail address removed) (Eve Schooler)

Just wanted to check out that you gnarly dudes are using the latest and
greatest software technology fer yer rad code to make it easy for the
dudes who have to read it. The hip new way to write readable C
code involves the use of a few simple defines.
**/

#define like {
#define man ;}
#define an ;
#define SayBro /*
#define CheckItOut */

SayBro like, this is some rad program, so CheckItOut
[snip]

Did you try compiling this?

Comments are removed in translation phase 3; macro invocations are
expanded in phase 4.

Jordan Abel

From: (e-mail address removed) Tue Jul 25 21:19:33 1989
From: (e-mail address removed) (Eve Schooler)

Just wanted to check out that you gnarly dudes are using the latest and
greatest software technology fer yer rad code to make it easy for the
dudes who have to read it. The hip new way to write readable C
code involves the use of a few simple defines.
**/

#define like {
#define man ;}
#define an ;
#define SayBro /*
#define CheckItOut */

SayBro like, this is some rad program, so CheckItOut
[snip]

Did you try compiling this?

Comments are removed in translation phase 3; macro invocations are
expanded in phase 4.

What about

#define IGNORE(...)
#define SayBro IGNORE(
#define CheckItOut )

This seems not to work, but I can't understand why