[JPanel] Drop Down JPanel

Raphael Jolivet

Hello,

I would like a component like a JComboBox, but with something else
that menu items in it.
Can I put arbitrary contents in the popup box that opens when we click
on the JComboBox ?

Actually, what I want is a way to save some space in my application. I
have some advanced settings and actions that I would like to put in an
hidden JPanel, that would pop up on demand. I've heard about overlays,
but it seems complicated.

Do you know a free component that can do that, or have you a piece of
code up your sleeve ?

Thanks in advance,

Raphael

John B. Matthews

Raphael Jolivet said:
Hello,

I would like a component like a JComboBox, but with something else
that menu items in it.
Can I put arbitrary contents in the popup box that opens when we click
on the JComboBox ?

Actually, what I want is a way to save some space in my application. I
have some advanced settings and actions that I would like to put in an
hidden JPanel, that would pop up on demand. I've heard about overlays,
but it seems complicated.

Do you know a free component that can do that, or have you a piece of
code up your sleeve ?

Thanks in advance,

Absent a better choice, would JTabbedPane be a practical alternative?

<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/tabbedpane.ht
ml>