JPG info

Bruno Alexandre

Hi guys,

I'm building a Photographer Portfolio website, and I wonder if
IIS/ASP.NET could do the same with JPG as APACHE/PHP do.

I need to retrieve all the information about the uploaded JPG, like
Camera, Shutter, Flash used, Exposion time, Date, etc... in pho under apache
server they have a library to retrieve this kind of information from a jpg
file, and I wonder if there is any for ASP.NET (just to know, for ASP 3.0
too) to retrieve such information.

Thank you guys.

--

Bruno Alexandre
Dep Informática do Grupo Filtrarte

Av Genereal Humberto Delgado, 91
Vila Verde
2705-887 Terrugem SNT
PORTUGAL

Tel. +351 219 608 130
Tlm. +351 914 461 138
Fax +351 219 613 881
@. (e-mail address removed)
www www.filtrarte.com | www.filtrarte.pt

Aaron Corcoran

Bruno,

I know this does not answer your question directly, but there is a
great .net open source gallery that does expose most, if not all of
those properties. nGallery (www.ngallery.org) allows you to download
their source. Sifting through this would be one way to get the answer.

I'm sure there are easier ways; however, I simply wanted to provide
one route.

I hope this helps,
Aaron Corcoran

Aaron Corcoran

Bruno,

I know this does not answer your question directly, but there is a
great .net open source gallery that does expose most, if not all of
those properties. nGallery (www.ngallery.org) allows you to download
their source. Sifting through this would be one way to get the answer.

I'm sure there are easier ways; however, I simply wanted to provide
one route.

I hope this helps,
Aaron

Sean M

I haven't really done any explicit research into this, but it would really
surprise me if someone hasn't already created a .NET utility class to read
EXIF data from JPEGs -- this sounds remarkably like what you are asking for.

Google Is Your Friend.

-- Sean M